Weight Loss in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Today, being overweight is at epidemic proportions. The risk of an overweight child becoming an obese adult is at alarming percentage rates. And the diseases associated with being overweight burden our healthcare system.
In the Bradley study of the Okinawan diet it was determined a 15 lb weight gain, doubles the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. A 22 lb. weight gain increases the risk of a heart attack by a staggering 75%!
There are plenty of diets promoted today that can cause you to lose weight, but the bigger issue is will you be healthier as a result.
Weight loss is a science, and success is dependent upon an individuals unique factors that drive the metabolic rate.
- Hormonal levels like Leptin that drive the weight loss system.
- Potential toxins like heavy metals that can prevent weight loss.
- Consuming foods that can enhance metabolism.
- Timing of day associated with protein, fat and carbohydrate consumption.
- Learning to eat while adhering to food combining laws.
- Possible prescription drug use and/or disease conditions that may alter the body’s ability to lose weight.
Whether you want to lose 15 pounds or 150 pounds we can develop an effective plan for you!